Canadore's College Drive, Commerce Court and Aviation Campus facilities are fully accessible with designated parking for physically disabled persons, electronic doors, elevators, specially equipped fountains and washrooms. Public telephones adapted for hearing impaired persons and a TDD system have been installed. There are also fully accessible units in The Education Centre's residence complex.
The Facilities Operations Department is responsible for providing physical plant services for Canadore College and Nipissing University at the College Education Centre and for Canadore College at its other campus locations. Security Services are included.
IN SUMMARY SOME RESPONSABILITIES ARE:
Plant Operating Services
All building sanitation, heating/ventilation/air conditioning operations, electrical/mechanical services, elevator service, grounds maintenance, lighting, maintenance of buildings and equipment, painting, carpentry, room reservation service, telecommunications, maintenance of college trails, and housekeeping.
College Security Services
- safeguard premises and equipment and the well-being of students, staff, and visitors;
- key control administration;
- paid parking administration;
- lost and found;
(Development and Upgrading)
The Facilities Operations Department administers most of the capital funding received from the Ministry of Education and Training (M.E.T.), we:
- administer all major facilities development projects;
- administer alterations and upgrades, facilities planning, construction and supervision, signage, furniture selection, etc;
- help gain funding approvals and interact with municipal, provincial, and federal agencie;
The Facilities Operations Department can be found in room C210 at the College Education Centre and in room W163 at the Commerce Court Campus.
If you have any questions or comments, the the Facilities Operations Department can be reached by phone: 1-705-474-7600 Ext. 5158.