PROFESSOR – BScN COLLABORATIVE NURSING PROGRAM
Location: COLLEGE DRIVE CAMPUS
Under the direction of the Dean of Health, Human Services and School of Community Justice and the Acting Director & Program Manager for the Collaborative BScN and RPN to BScN Bridging Programs; the Professor is responsible for facilitating and guiding learning and providing an effective learning environment for all students. The professional responsibilities of the Professor include:
Teaching assigned courses, including:
- teaching regularly scheduled classes in the Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer semesters through a combination of classroom delivery on location, online and/or through a virtual classroom.
- ensuring student awareness of course learning outcomes and evaluation techniques
- providing tutoring and academic advising for students both in and out of class
- providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies and the College approved Learning Management System (Desire to Learn)
- evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses
- the development and creation of a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students
Designing new and maintaining existing courses, including:
- defining learning outcomes and evaluating and validating these outcomes
- planning appropriate teaching and learning approaches, as well as essential and optional learning resources
- incorporating educational technologies to meet the learning needs of students
- consulting with other faculty members, advisory committees and a variety of potential employers and students
- reviewing and revising curriculum
- participating in professional development activities during non-teaching periods
Providing academic leadership, including:
- working cooperatively with other professors to ensure course consistency and support continuous program improvement
- participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees, and departmental meetings
- liaising with industry representatives and community members
- engaging in promoting the programs, school, and college
- working to full achievement of the Competency Profile for professors at the College
- participating in professional development activities, remaining current in the field of study, and maintaining awareness of emerging trends and practices related to teaching and learning in higher education
- following health and safety policies, procedures, and legislation
- modeling the College values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency, Accountability and Commitment to Excellence
PROFESSOR – SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – LOGISTICS PROGRAM
School of Business and Entrepreneurship
Location: Commerce Court Campus – North Bay, ON
2 - 12 hours/week – Fall 2019
Courses: Transportation and Warehousing, Global Logistics, Risk Mitigation and Business Continuity - https://www.canadorecollege.ca/programs/supply-chain-management
Canadore College, Vice President, Academic
Canadore College’s history has been shaped upon an unwavering focus on student success. The college has built a strong reputation for providing a world-class education. Canadore provides access to over 75 quality full-time and apprenticeship programs to students from over 400 communities across the province, Canada and around the world. Each year approximately 1,000 graduates join a network of more than 45,000 alumni working across the globe as the world’s next leaders, social citizens, innovators, entrepreneurs and catalysts for economic health, sustainability and growth.
Canadore College is seeking a Vice President, Academic (VPA). The Vice President is the senior academic officer of the College and is responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, and managing of all the College’s academic operations. The position is accountable for the development, content, currency, delivery, and standards of all the College’s post-secondary and non-post-secondary full-time and part-time academic programs and services. The position is accountable for all applied research activities in the College and for effective development and management of partnerships, joint offerings and articulation agreements between the College and other academic institutions, businesses and community organizations as they pertain to the academic divisions. The VPA is an organizational leader who participates in the overall management of the College as a member of the President’s senior management team.
Qualified candidates must hold a Master’s level degree. Candidates must also have a strong understanding of the process of learning, the student challenges in today’s classroom, and of the development of learning models for post-secondary institutions is required. As the ideal candidate, you have an in-depth understanding of Indigenous communities and what First Nations students require in order to be successful. You bring an understanding of, and experience with, international education and partnership development. You possess strong skills in the areas of judgment, communication, collaboration, interpersonal skills, problem solving, administration management, teaching, presentation skills, adult education, human relations and negotiating.
To explore this key leadership position at Canadore College further, please contact Jane Griffith or Krutika Hotwani at email@example.com or submit your resume and related information in confidence online at https://www.odgersberndtson.com/en/careers/15849 .
Canadore College is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by both Odgers Berndtson and Canadore College throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
**VACANCY WILL REMAIN POSTED UNTIL FILLED**
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
Immediate need until end of December 2019
Approx. 400 hours of work
The Subject Matter Expert will assist in the development of the College’s proposed Honours Bachelor of Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Management Degree Program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing a high-quality, degree-level academic program including elements such as program learning outcomes, program abstract, and the program of study course sequence ensuring the following requirements are met: Canadore College and Ministry priorities, quality standards provided by the Postsecondary Education Quality Assessment Board (PEQAB), and adherence to applicable College policies, procedures and practices
- Developing selected course outlines in partnership with curriculum development consultants, including learning outcomes, evaluations, required resources and learning plans
- Recommending internal or external faculty hires with appropriate credentials, as required
- Participating in meetings with various stakeholders to address the proposed program
- Overseeing the curriculum mapping exercise
- Responding to and amending documents, as required to address internal and external reviews
Organizational Development & Talent Management
(Formerly Human Resources)
Thank you for your interest in Canadore College.
Pursuant to the AODA, Canadore College is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process.
Please call any member of the ODTM team if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation.
Resumes received at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Jodee Brown Yeo, Director
705.474.7600 ext. 5542
Lucie Laperrière, Manager
Jaclyn Siviter, Generalist