The Canadore Volunteers program is an initiative that encourages the entire Canadore College Community, from students to employees to business partners, to engage in meaningful community service.
For students, a Co-Curricular Record documenting each student’s volunteer work can be managed and validated by Canadore’s Employer Services in cooperation with campus departments and community agencies. Activities reflected on the record will have no affiliation to volunteering for which students receive academic credit. Students will be recognized for their efforts at Convocation.
For employees, participants will be encouraged to make a positive change by engaging in civic life and creating new social networks all the while contributing to a higher purpose. Employees will be recognized for their efforts at the annual employee awards ceremony.
What is a Co-Curricular Record?
A Co-Curricular Record (CCR) is a document that formally recognizes student volunteer participation in out-of-classroom activities that enhance student learning and personal growth.
Activities listed in the CCR Directory include student life programs, student leadership development programs, community engagement activities and athletics.
Academic credit is not provided for participating in these activities.
How does having a Co-Curricular Record benefit you, as a student?
- Supports credentials when applying for jobs, internships, scholarships, bursaries and awards
- Provides employers with concrete evidence of motivation to take responsibility for learning and personal growth
- Supports your application when pursuing further education
- Demonstrates initiative to get involved and make a difference within the community.
Deadlines for students to submit requests to add an activity to their Co-Curricular Record (CCR) for the 2017-2018 academic year are as follows:
- CCR activities ending in the fall semester (September to December 2017)
- Students are to submit their request to add the activity to their record by Thursday, November 23, 2017 by 4:30 pm
- CCR activities ending in the winter semester (January to April 2018)
- Students are to submit their request to add the activity to their record by Thursday, March 29, 2018 by 4:30 pm
- CCR activities ending in the spring semester (May to August 2018)
- Students are to submit their request to add the activity to their record by Friday, July 28, 2017 by 4:00 pm
- Note: volunteer hours are not retroactive prior to this academic year.
Trina St. Jacques
Employer Relations Coordinator
705.474.7600 ext. 5143