The Office of Access & Inclusion endeavours to ensure that all individuals, groups, and demographics on campus feel safe, recognized, and valued. Canadore College welcomes and supports all individuals no matter their religion, race, ethnicity, age, gender indentity or expression, sexual or romantic attraction.
As part of the College's committment to graduate employable, well-rounded, world leaders, we work to enhance students' personal, academic, and social development as they transition in, through and beyond their post-secondary careers.
- Campus celebrations of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Promotion of events, holidays, community involvement and campus clubs
- Customized classroom presentations and workshops
- Guidance on hosting inclusive, accessible and equitable events
- First Generation Services
- Multi-Faith Meditation Room
- Help to facilitate preferred name changes on classlists and the online course management system (iLearn)
Multi-Faith Meditation Room
Canadore College has a growing diverse population and to maintain an inclusive campus, the Multi-Faith Meditation Room (B106, College Drive) is an optional space where individuals can practice all religious and spiritual beliefs in a respectful environment.
The space has a neutral design allowing individuals to practice their beliefs whether it's meditation, prayer, yoga, or any other religious beliefs for students and staff. Please review the guidelines before entering the room.
Want to start an initiative, influence change or have a celebration on campus?
My pronouns: he/him/his
Access and Inclusion Coordinator
705.474.7600 ext. 5134